Higher Things is pleased to offer our first ever Vacation Bible School curriculum! You've asked and we've answered with a complete package of materials that allow reproducing as many items as needed for your VBS program. Here are some of the great features of the "From Above" VBS.
- Opening and Closing Worship using Daily Orders of Prayer adapted from those found in Lutheran Service Book Bible Breakaways that teach and reinforce the day's bible story in a fun and humorous way.
- Catechism Study where each participant can earn a "Doctrine Detective" badge as they learn the four parts of the Small Catechism regarding the Sacrament of Holy Baptism.
- Snacks, Games, and Crafts that all reinforce the theme of the day with opportunities for discussing "What Does This Mean?"
- Music selection for each day drawn from the liturgy and hymns of Lutheran Service Book. MP3 organ accompaniment files are provided to assist in learning and singing the music.
- Family Review Take Home sheets provide parents and children with a resource for family devotions as well as reviewing and talking about each day's lesson.
- Complete Director's and Leaders' Guides for each section of the program, complete with material and supply lists, lesson outlines, and helpful hints and tricks for organizing and running your VBS program for Preschool through upper elementary grades using either a morning or evening schedule. Designed to include the older youth of the congregation as assistants, reinforcing the 2013 Higher Things Conference Theme.
- Higher Things great formula of "Worship, Work and Fun" adapted to the younger kids for a week they can "Dare to Be Lutheran" and have a blast while they do!
Full of Christ and His Word and a whole lot of fun, the 2013 "From Above" VBS is sure to be a good time filled with Jesus' gifts for all the young and the young-at-heart in your congregation.
Find out more about Immanuel's Vacation Bible School by clicking the image above.